(34) Chen, W.C., D.M. Hau, C.C. Wang, I.H. Lin and S.S. Lee, 1995. "Effects of Ganoderma lucidum and krestin on subset T-cell in gamma-irradiated mice." American Journal of Chinese Medicine 23(3-4): 289-98.
(35) Chang, H.M., P.P. But, 1987. Pharmacology and Applications of Chinese Materia Medica Vol. II, Singapore, World Scientific.
(36) Chen, K. and W. Zhang, 1987. "Advances in anti-aging herbal medicines in China." Abstracts of Chinese Medicines 1: 309-30.
(37) Wang, J. et. al., 1985. "Study of the action of Ganoderma lucidum on scavenging hydroxyl radical from plasma." Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine 5: 44-60.
(38) Hu, T., J. Chen, J. Xu and Q. Yang, 1992. "Effects of polysaccharide-peptide of Coriolus and polysaccharide of Ganoderma on scavenging active oxygen species." Acta. Biochemical et Biophysical Sinica 5: 465-70.
(39) Yang, W., T. Hu, D. Win, 1992. "The experiments on the Ganoderma lucidum extract for its anti-aging and invigoration effects." The 4th International Symposium on Ganoderma lucidum, Seoul, Korea.
(40) Lee, J.M., H. Kwon, H. Jeong, J.W. Lee, S.Y. Lee, S.J. Baek & Y.J. Surh, 2001. "Inhibition of lipid peroxidation and oxidative DNA damage by Ganoderma lucidum." Phytotherapy Research May: 15(3)245-9.
(41) Lin, J.M., C.C. Lin, M.F. Chen, T. Ujiie and A. Takada, 1995. "Radical scavenging and antihepatoxic activity of Ganoderma formosanum, Ganoderma lucidum and Ganoderma neo-japanicum." Journal of Ethnopharmacology Jun, 23; 47(1):33-41.
(42) Han, M.D., E.S. Lee, Y.K. Kim, 1998. "Production of nitric oxide in raw 264.7 macrophages treated with ganoderan, the beta glucan of Ganoderma lucidum." Korean Journal of Mycology 26:246-55.
(43) Zhu, M., Q. Chang, L.K. Wond, F.S. Chong and R.C. Li, 1999. "Triterpene antioxidants from Ganoderma lucidum." Phytotherapy Research 13, 529-531.
(44) Luo et. al. 2002.
(45) Ukai, S., T. Kiho, C. Hira, I. Kuruma and Y. Tanaka, 1983. "Polysaccharides in fungi. XIV. Anti-inflammatory effect of the polysaccharides from the fruitbodies of several fungi." Journal of Pharmacobiodynamics Dec; 6(12): 983-90.
(46) Tao J. and K.Y. Feng, 1990. "Experimental and clinical studies on inhibitory effect of Ganoderma lucidum on platelet aggregation." Journal of Tongji Medical University 10(4): 240-3.
(47) Stavinoha, W.B., 1990. S. Weintraub, T. Opham, A. Colorado, R. Opieda, J. Slama, 1990. "Study of the anti-inflammatory activity of Ganoderma lucidum." Proceedings from the Academic/Industry Conference (AIJC), August 18-20, Sapporo, Japan.
(48) Stavinoha, W.B., J.T. Slama and S.T. Weintraub, 1996. "The anti-inflammatory activity of Ganoderma lucidum 6.1" pp. 193-6 in Ganoderma lucidum, A Medicinal Mushroom, Ganoderma lucidum Ganoderma, Polyporaceae and others. Oriental Tradition, Cultivation, Breeding, Chemistry, Biochemistry and Utilization of Ganoderma lucidum" ed. by T. Mizuno. Il-Yang Pharm Co.
(49) Lin, Y., C.C. Lin, H.F. Chiu, J.J. Yang and S.G. Lee, 1993. Evaluation of the anti-inflammatory and liver-protective effects of Anoectochilus formosanus, Ganoderma lucidum and Gymnostermma pentaphyllum in rats." American Journal of Chinese Medicine 21: 59-69.
(50) Mizuno, T. and B.K. Kim, 1996. "A Medicinal Mushroom, Ganoderma lucidum." Il-Yang Pharm Co., Seoul, Korea
(51) Lee, J.M., H. Kwon, H. Jeong, J.W. Lee, S.Y. Lee, S.J. Baek and Y.J. Surh, 2001. "Inhibition of lipid peroxidation and oxidative DNA damage by Ganoderma lucidum." Phytotherapy Research May: 15(3)245-9.
(52) Stavinoha, W.B., 1997. "Status in Ganoderma lucidum in United States: Ganoderma lucidum as an anti-inflammatory agent." Proceedings of the 1st International Symposium on Ganoderma lucidum in Japan Nov. 17-18th, 99-103. Tokyo
(53) Small, E.J., M.W. Frohlich and R. Bok, 2000. "Prospective trial of the herbal supplement PC-SPES in patients with progressive prostate cancer." Journal of Clinical Oncology 18: 3595-3603.
(54) Kim, H.W. and B.K. Kim, 1999. "Biomedical triterpenoids of Ganoderma lucidum (Curt.:Fr.) P. Karst. (Aphyllophoromycetideae). International Journal of Medicinal Mushrooms, 1: 121-38.
(55) Stamets, P., 2002. "Novel antimicrobials from mushrooms." Herbalgram 54: 29-33.
(56) Kim, B.K., H.W. Kim and E.C. Choi, 1994. "Anti-HIV effects of Ganoderma lucidum." in Ganoderma: Systematics, Phytopathology & Pharmacology: Proceedings of Contributed Symposium 59 A,B. 5th International Mycological Congress. Vancouver.
(57) Chang, H.M. and P.P. But, 1986. Pharmacology and Applications of Chinese Materia Medica. Vol. 1. Singapore, World Scientific.
(58) Andreacchi, A., T. Wang and J.H. Wu, 1997. "Cardiovascular effects of the fungal extract of basidiomycetes sp. YL8006" Life Sciences, vol. 60, no. 22, pp. 1987-94.
(59) Aoki, T. et. al., 1987. "Low natural killer syndrome: Clinical and immunological features." Nat. Immune. Cell. Growth Regul. 6: 116-28.
(60) Yang, Q.W. and M. Wang, 1994. "The effect of Ganoderma lucidum extract against fatigue and endurance in the absence of oxygen." Proceedings of Contributed Symposia 59 A,B. 5th International Mycological Congress, Vancouver, Canada, August 14-21, 101-4.
(61) Min, B.S., J.J. Gao, N. Nakamura and M. Hattori, 2000. "Triterpenes from the spores of Ganoderma lucidum and their cytotoxicity against Meth-A and LLC tumor cells." Chemical Pharmacology Bulletin Jul;48(7):1026-33.
(62) Zhu, H.S., X.L. Yang, L.B. Wang, D.X. Zhao and L. Chen, 2000. "Effects of extracts from sporoderm-broken spores of Ganoderma lucidum on HeLa cells." Cell Biology & Toxicology 16(3):201-6.
(63) Liu et. al., 2002.
(64) Gao. J.J., B.S. Min, E.M. Ahn, N. Nakamura, H.K. Lee and M. Hattori, 2002. "New triterpenes aldehydes, lucialadehydes A-C, from Ganoderma lucidum and their cytotoxicity against murine and human tumor cell lines." Chemical and Pharmacological Bulletin Jun; 50(6): 837-40.
(65) Lieu, C.W., S.S. Lee and S.Y. Wang, 1992. "The effect of Ganoderma lucidum on induction of differentiation in leukemic U937 cells." Anticancer Research Jul-Aug: 12(4): 1211-5.
(66) Bao et. al., 2002.
(67) Wang, S.Y., M.L. Hsu, H.C. Hsu, C.H. Tzeng, S.S. Le, M.S. Shiao and C.K. Ho, 1997. "The anti-tumor effect of Ganoderma lucidum is mediated by cytokines released from activated macrophages and T lymphocytes." International Journal of Cancer 70(6): 669-705.
(68) Zhou & Liu, 1990.
(69) Zhu, J.L. and C. Liu, 1992. "Modulating effects of extractum semen Persicae and cultivated Cordyceps hyphae on immuno-dysfunction of in-patients with post-hepatitic cirrhosis." Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie Ha Za Zhi April; 12(4): 207-9, 195.
(70) Naeshiro, H., 1992. "Skin lightening compositions containing Ganoderma extract." Japan Kokai Tokkyo Koho JP 04 09, 315 (92 09, 315).
Please visit our sponsors via ads!
Back to top: Ganoderma lucidum
|CHART - Mushrooms' Therapeutic Effect|
|INDEX - Mushrooms & Health Conditions|
|Please visit our sponsors via ads!|
|Mycelium Running - mushroom science demystified|
Please note that the claims on this page and this web-site have not yet been verified by the FDA. We recommend that you consult a licensed medical practitioner before using any substance for medicinal purposes.
Credits: Thank you to Paul
Stamets for source material about fungi &