Go to Reishi Arthritis Article
(1) Li, E.K., L.S. Tam, C.K. Wong, W.C. Li, C.W. Lam, S. Wachtel-Galor, I.F. Benzie, Y.X. Bao, P.C. Leung & B. Tomlinson, 2007. “Safety and efficacy of Ganoderma lucidum (lingzhi) and San Miao San supplementation in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled pilot trial.” Arthritis Rheum. Oct 15;57(7):1143-50.
(2) Wachtel-Galor, S., B. Tomlinson, I.F. Benzie, 2004. “Ganoderma lucidum ("Lingzhi"), a Chinese medicinal mushroom: biomarker responses in a controlled human supplementation study.” Br J Nutr. Feb;91(2):263-9.
(3) Lakshmi, B., T.A. Ajith, N. Sheena, N. Gunapalan & K.K. Janardhanan, 2003. “Antiperoxidative, anti-inflammatory, and antimutagenic activities of ethanol extract of the mycelium of Ganoderma lucidum occurring in South India.” Teratog Carcinog Mutagen Suppl 1:85-97.
(4) Lin, J.M., C.C. Lin, H.F. Chiu, J.J. Yang & S.G. Lee, 1993. “Evaluation of the anti-inflammatory and liver-protective effects of Anoectochilus formosanus, Ganoderma lucidum and Gynostemma pentaphyllum in rats.” Am J Chin Med. 21(1):59-69.
(5) Han, M.D., E.S. Lee, Y.K. Kim, 1998. "Production of nitric oxide in raw 264.7 macrophages treated with ganoderan, the beta glucan of Ganoderma lucidum." Korean Journal of Mycology 26:246-55.
(6) Zhu, M., Q. Chang, L.K. Wond, F.S. Chong and R.C. Li, 1999. "Triterpene antioxidants from Ganoderma lucidum." Phytotherapy Research 13, 529-531.
(7) Ukai, S., T. Kiho, C. Hira, I. Kuruma and Y. Tanaka, 1983. "Polysaccharides in fungi. XIV. Anti-inflammatory effect of the polysaccharides from the fruitbodies of several fungi." Journal of Pharmacobiodynamics Dec; 6(12): 983-90.
(8) Ko, H-H., H. Chi-Feng, J-P. Wang & C-N. Lin, 2008. “Antiinflammatory triterpenoids and steroids from Ganoderma lucidum and G. tsugae.” Phytochemistry Volume 69, Issue 1, January, Pages 234-239.
(9) Akihisa, T., Y. Nakamura, M. Tagata, H. Tokuda, K. Yasukawa, E. Uchiyama, T. Suzuki & Y. Kimura, 2007. “Anti-inflammatory and anti-tumor-promoting effects of triterpene acids and sterols from the fungus Ganoderma lucidum.” Chem Biodivers. Feb;4(2):224-31.
(10) Hong, K.J., D.M. Dunn, C.L. Shen & B.C. Pence, 2004. “Effects of Ganoderma lucidum on apoptotic and anti-inflammatory function in HT-29 human colonic carcinoma cells.” Phytother Res. Sep;18(9):768-70.
(11) Liu, Y.H., C.F. Tsai, M.C. Kao, Y.L. Lai & J.J. Tsai, 2003. “Effectiveness of Dp2 nasal therapy for Dp2- induced airway inflammation in mice: using oral Ganoderma lucidum as an immunomodulator.” J Microbiol Immunol Infect. Dec;36(4):236-42.
(12) Blum, K., B. Meshkin & B.W. Downs, 2006. “DNA based customized nutraceutical “gene therapy” utilizing a genoscore: A hypothesized paradigm shift of a novel approach to the diagnosis, stratification, prognosis and treatment of inflammatory processes in the human.” Medical Hypotheses, Volume 66, Issue 5, Pages 1008-1018
(13) Xi Bao Y, Kwok Wong C, Kwok Ming Li E, Shan Tam L, Chung Leung P, Bing Yin Y & Wai Kei Lam C., 2006. “Immunomodulatory effects of lingzhi and san-miao-san supplementation on patients with rheumatoid arthritis.” Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol. 28(2):197-200.
(14) Ho, Y.W., J.S. Yeung, P.K. Chiu, W.M. Tang, Z.B. Lin, R.Y. Man & C.S. Lau, 2007. “Ganoderma lucidum polysaccharide peptide reduced the production of proinflammatory cytokines in activated rheumatoid synovial fibroblast.” Mol Cell Biochem. Jul;301(1-2):173-9. Epub 2007 Jan 12.
(15) Stavinoha, W.B., J.T. Slama & S.T. Weintraub, 1996. "The anti-inflammatory activity of Ganoderma lucidum 6.1" pp. 193-6 in Ganoderma lucidum, A Medicinal Mushroom, Ganoderma lucidum Ganoderma, Polyporaceae and others. Oriental Tradition, Cultivation, Breeding, Chemistry, Biochemistry and Utilization of Ganoderma lucidum" ed. by T. Mizuno. Il-Yang Pharm Co.
(16) Mizuno, T. & B.K. Kim, 1996. "A Medicinal Mushroom, Ganoderma lucidum." Il-Yang Pharm Co., Seoul, Korea
(17) Lam, F.F.Y., I.W.M. Ko, E.S.K. Ng, L.S. Tam, P.C. Leung & E.K.M. Li, 2008. “Analgesic and anti-arthritic effects of Lingzhi and San Miao San supplementation in a rat model of arthritis induced by Freund's complete adjuvant.” Journal of Ethnopharmacology In Press, Corrected Proof, Available online 30 July 2008
(18) Stavinoha, W.B., S. Weintraub, T. Opham, A. Colorado, R. Opieda & J. Slama, 1990. "Study of the anti-inflammatory activity of Ganoderma lucidum." Proceedings from the Academic/Industry Conference (AIJC), August 18-20, Sapporo, Japan.Mizuno96
(19) Futrakul, N., T. Panichakul, P. Butthep, P. Futrakul, P. Jetanalin, S. Patumraj & P. Siriviriyakul, 2004. “Ganoderma lucidum suppresses endothelial cell cytotoxicity and proteinuria in persistent proteinuric focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS) nephrosis.” Clin Hemorheol Microcirc. 31(4):267-72.
Please visit our sponsors via ads!
Back to top: Reishi Arthritis References
|CHART - Mushrooms' Therapeutic Effect|
|INDEX - Mushrooms & Health Conditions|
|Please visit our sponsors via ads!|
|Mycelium Running - mycology book|
Please note that the claims on this page and this web-site have not yet been verified by the FDA. We recommend that you consult a licensed medical practitioner before using any substance for medicinal purposes.
Credits: Thank you to Paul
Stamets for source material about fungi &